The magic of David Copperfield...
Thought for today - The mind, like a parachute, functions only when open.

Monday evening, my family and I had the opportunity to see David Copperfield perform live. My husband and I have seen him perform once before, twenty years ago when he was young in his career and we were young in our relationship. Mr. Copperfield's performance was just as entertaining to us this week as it was twenty years ago, perhaps even more so as I watched the joy and wonder and delight reflected in my own children's faces.
I will never be able to do magic as Mr. Copperfield does. His illusions, my favorite being making the Statue of Liberty disappear, are filled with a special kind of wonder that I can only dream of. But in our own way, each writer creates a special kind of magic, telling tales and creating new worlds.
Through the magic of books, I have traveled around the world and to other worlds. I've met characters that are doctors, detectives, warriors, aliens, vampires and much more. I've learned about surviving in the wilderness, dancing with wolves, living on other worlds, solving a mystery and falling in love.
My mind has expanded to embrace all of this magic and much more.
Like Mr. Copperfield's illusions, the writing of a book takes creativity, skills, discipline, and great amounts of patience and work. As I continue to write my own stories and create my own kind of magic, I wanted to take a moment and thank all those authors out there that have spent countless hours making the magic of the many books that have touched my life and inspired me to attempt to follow in their footsteps and write.
Carpe diem,
Kellie
No comments:
Post a Comment